But that’s just the beginning of the story. Daniel Defense is well known for their innovative and reliable platforms and the DDM4 PDW continues that tradition with a firearm that is more than the sum of it’s parts.
A short barrel makes for a compact firearm but often at the expense of lost muzzle velocity. The DDM4 matches it’s 7” threaded barrel with a 1:7 twist to the heavy 300 blackout round which loses little velocity even in such a short barrel and is perfect for suppressors. With a good can and subsonic ammo the DDM4 is almost “Hollywood” quiet and the ambidextrous GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle is designed to keep excess gas away from the shooters face. The DM4 PDW is equipped with a fully adjustable Maxim Defense CQB Pistol Brace and is classified as a pistol with an overall length of just 20.75 inches. The PDW comes equipped from the factory with a linear compensator which directs the muzzle blast and sound forward and away from the shooter. The PDW’s cold hammer forged barrel is surrounded by a 6” MFR XL M-Lok compatible handguard with a SLR M-LOK Mod2 Handstop to keep your hand safely away from the muzzle.
Unlike some competitors, Daniel Defense uses a non proprietary Mil-Spec AR styled lower with a flared magazine well for compatibility to aftermarket parts and accessories. M4 Feed ramps and an M16 Profile, chrome lined Mil-Spec bolt carrier group with a properly staked gas key are used in the CNC machined Mil-Spec upper. The DDM4 uses a pistol length gas system with a low profile 4140 hardened steel gas block.
- Ultra-compact platform with 7″, 1:7 twist barrel for compatibility with subsonic and supersonic loads.
- Maxim Defense CQB Pistol Brace or CQB Gen 7 Stock (SBR) with enhanced buffer system functions reliably suppressed or unsuppressed.
- Linear compensator directs muzzle blast forward of the shooter. Muzzle threads (5/8-24) allow for muzzle device customization
- Independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters and is engineered for suppressed fire, with anti-gas features that redirect gas flow upward and away from the face and operator.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 7″ S2W Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Pistol Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Linear Compensator, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: Maxim Defense Enhanced Buffer System
- HANDGUARD: MFR XL 6.0 M-LOK, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7076-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BRACE: Maxim Defense CQB Pistol Brace
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- Made in the USA!
|Muzzle Thread||5⁄8×24 TPI (Threads Per Inch)|
|Muzzle Device||Linear Compensator|
|Gas System||Pistol Length|
|Barrel Type||Cold Hammer Forged|
|Barrel Profile||S2W® [Strength-to-Weight]|
|Barrel Material||4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium|
|Product Weight||5.7 lbs|
|Overall Length||20 3/4″|
|Rail System||MFR CL 6.0|
|Magazine||Magpul PMAG 30 AR 300 B GEN M3|
|Case||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case|
|Product Name||Daniel Defense DDM4 PDW 300BLK 7″ 30Rd 02-088-22070-047|
|Barrel||6.00″ – 8.99″|